Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Anti-diet

Hey everyone! Goober here! 

During the week I work part time at a law firm. It's a really great place and has given me a lot of insight into what my potential career may be like. That being said, I have a lot of downtime. During the major semesters at school this is great because I can get a lot of my work done leaving more time for things double00h related, but during winter break I've had a lot of time to do nothing, aka aimlessly browse the internet. I have discovered Pinterest, and my life will never be the same. (Links on the side of the page!) I'm not going to bore you with my obsession with this website, I just wanted to share one of the more inspirational treasures I found while trying to motivate myself to go to the gym today. 

  It's a post from the very posh British blog The Londoner . I'm totally hooked. She has a very popular post called The Anti Diet. It's really changed my perspective on losing weight and getting in shape. It's so incredibly realistic and useful, and trust me I'm far from a stranger to these "tips to get in shape!" articles. My favorite thing about this post is the hunger scale.

 
All too often I find myself sabotaging all the hard work I've put in at the gym by gorging myself with food, good and bad alike. It's just such an accurate progression of the different stages of fullness, and it highlights the importance of monitoring and appropriately responding to the messages your body is sending you. If you're full stop eating. It seems so simple but, at least for me, it isn't. 

Sorry to babble but I just LOVED this article. I highly recommend it to anyone who like me is trying to live a healthier lifestyle, and maybe lose the last of my freshman 15 and essentially have the body of a Victoria Secret model on Spring Break... dream big right?  

If you have any articles that inspire you or you feel are really effective towards these goals please let me know. It's always easier to get in shape with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment