Monday, January 23, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake

This weekend I got to visit one of my best friends from high school to celebrate her birthday at WCU.  

Being a college student, I'm perpetually poor and that's one of the reasons I love creating a gift rather than buying one. It's a lot more meaningful and if you create something edible, you usually get to enjoy it too! (not that that was my motivation or anything) I tried out this oreo cheesecake recipe from Kraft.  I made a few variations-- I omitted the chocolate glaze and used twice as many Oreos in the filling than the recipe called for. It turned out deliciously and I'd def try it again. 
 


 
combine crushed Oreos and butter to make your crust 


 
blend more crushed oreos, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract to create the filing

 
Pour the filling batter evenly over your crust and bake in the oven at 325 degrees until it's set*. 
 
Enjoy!! 

*When I made this it took about 20 minutes in additional cooking time than the recipe called for. Don't necessarily rely solely on the directed cooking time, instead continuously check on your product as it cooks and take it out when you reach the desired consistency and temperature. 


I used a low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream to help counter some of the calories in this treat, it still tasted amazing so feel free to substitute the full fat dairy option for a more slimming option. 


Happy Baking! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment